ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course will demonstrate how to support and guide your students to achieve Grades A and A* in Classical Civilisation A level examinations. The course will outline what is expected of students across the three A-level units (The Homeric World; Culture and Arts; and Beliefs and Ideas) as well as demonstrating teaching approaches to ancient texts, historical context and visual & material culture. In addition, this course will outline effective teaching approaches to modern scholarship, how to embed scholarship within the curriculum and how to effectively support students to use scholarship in 30 mark exam questions.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
- Develop an understanding of the precision and detail examiners are looking for in grade A and A* students.
- Discuss sample answers at Grade A and A* to identify key characteristics.
- Increased awareness of what we should aim for with our top students.
- Provide materials as well as ideas of teaching approaches and methods to support students to achieve grades A and A*.
- Provide effective teaching approaches to the modern scholarship element of the A level.
- Develop an understanding of the potential hazards students face when studying A level Classical Civilisation.
|DATE & LOCATION:
||London | Wednesday 22 June 2022
London | Wednesday 16 November 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- A Level Classical Civilisation Teachers and Heads of Classics.
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance