ABOUT THIS COURSE
Achievement in AQA A Level Chemistry requires students to overcome some key challenges in order to secure a top A/A* grades in the upcoming AQA A Level Chemistry 2023 exam. Students need to be able to recall a wealth of knowledge across the varied disciplines of chemistry study and apply this knowledge in familiar and unfamiliar situations. Chemistry students have a variety of strengths and weaknesses so a range of techniques are needed to ensure they can achieve the best possible mark over the 3 main subject areas: physical, organic and inorganic chemistry; as well as the practical component.
This intensive new course will demonstrate how to guide your students to achieve their maximise possible grades in future AQA A Level Chemistry examinations. The course is designed for teachers of AQA A Level Chemistry, but would be of benefit to teachers of other exam boards as well.
Please note the topics for the sessions will be adapted as required according to the announcement to change post 07 February 2022.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Explore the key concepts in chemistry that underpin topic content to develop an integrated approach to chemistry study
- Develop the use of retrieval practice to promote student recall, supporting the teaching of the most challenging A Level topics.
- Increase awareness of what we should aim to achieve with the most able Chemists
- Take away fresh ideas, approaches and methods that challenge A/A* students and support their further development
- Develop greater understanding of the precision and detail that examiners are looking for in A/A* students
- Find out more about the barriers to progress and ways to support highly able students to overcome them
||London | Thursday 23 June 2022
London | Thursday 24 November 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Heads of Science
- Heads of Chemistry
- Teachers of AQA A-level Chemistry
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance