ABOUT THIS COURSE
This NEW course is designed for all teachers who are teaching Edexcel Mathematics A Level. The aim of the course is to help teachers to fine-tune pupils’ performances so that they can achieve the highest grades students in the upcoming 2022 Mathematics exams.
The course is aimed at experienced teachers of EDEXCEL A level Mathematics who want to explore expert and high-level teaching approaches in order to maximise outcomes for their students. Analysis of different types of questions will be used to identify where teachers can focus their efforts to ensure students gain the highest grades.
The aim of the course is to go beyond the specification content to look at developing the skills students require to maximise exam performance. This will include teaching approaches and strategies for developing better understanding of the overarching contained in OT1, OT2 and OT3. The course will also highlight potential areas of weakness in pupils’ approaches and answers, and offer proven techniques to overcome these.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Increase awareness of what success looks like for the most able Mathematicians
- Gain the latest evidence-informed practice that challenges A/A* students
- Develop greater understanding of what examiners are looking for in Grade A/A* responses
- Challenge your students with problem solving and questioning to stretch pupils’ thinking and mathematical reasoning
- Take away a range of innovative teaching ideas and resources to impact your pupils’ learning immediately
- Deepen your understanding of assessment criteria and mark schemes
- Bring back concrete strategies and ideas to share with other Mathematics teachers
- Explore how to maximise success levels for your students in the examination
- Learn how to develop resilience so that talented students achieve their A/A* potential
||Online | Thursday 17 February 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All teachers of EDEXCEL A Level Mathematics
- Heads of Mathematics
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance