ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course is designed for teachers looking to raise student attainment levels in listening and appraising. The focus of the day will be on the A and B sections of the AQA listening paper and the skills that students need to acquire to achieve top band marks in these sections. Reviewing past examinations and examiner’s reports, you will discover what the areas of challenge are for students and how we, as teachers, can help them to overcome these hurdles.
You will explore what the key skills are that students need to develop in order to work these sections effectively, and how to help students to develop strategies to respond to questions on set works and unprepared extracts. This course will help you to guide students through these questions and develop links between their study of the set works and unfamiliar listening extracts, and to give them the contextual knowledge needed to effectively respond to wider listening. Resources will be provided which will help you both build student confidence in listening and give you further strategies for helping students tackle the longer analysis questions effectively.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Gain an ‘insider knowledge’ into what examiners are looking for in successful responses to the A and B section questions
- Explore the key skills students will need to be successful in their listening, including programmes of work to help them develop these skills
- Develop strategies to help weaker students improve their marks and stretch the most able students
- Discover creative ways of incorporating wider repertoire into your teaching
- Explore the ‘key themes’ of Area of Study 1 repertoire, and how to use these to help students build a foundation for their listening activities
- Find out about creative ways to build a student programme for aural training
- Take away a portfolio of resources to help with your own teaching and planning
||London | Monday 13 June 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Teachers of the AQA specification at Music A level
- Heads of Music
- Heads of Performing Arts
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of 50+ pages full of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance