ABOUT THIS COURSE
This in-depth, advanced course is aimed for all AQA GCSE History teachers who are looking to maximise the attainment levels of their students in the summer 2023 exams.
Led by a current GCSE History examiner, this course will also provide guidance and give further insight into boosting exam performance, including how to get students to analyse sources and interpretations effectively and how to use that technique, combined with their knowledge, to achieve well.
All types of exam questions will be considered in terms of their requirements, common mistakes that students make when answering them and strategies to improve the quality of answers produced to access those top grades and ensure higher level answers
The course is up to the minute and will respond to any changes in the examination series.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Gain an insight into the different forms of exam questions and their requirements
- Develop an understanding of the reasons why students can under-perform when answering exam questions
- Take away easily applicable strategies that will enable students to produce better quality answers to all forms of exam questions
- Explore means of producing higher-level responses to high mark questions
- Gaining a further insight into the marking of exam-type responses
- Enhance your range of feedback methods in the run up to the exams
- Retrieval and recall – take away fresh techniques
||London | Monday 27 June 2022
London | Monday 28 November 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Heads of History Departments
- Teachers new to teaching GCSE History
- Heads of Humanities
- Those responsible for new teachers in Humanities
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance