ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course is specifically targeted and designed for all teachers new or recently new to teaching AQA GCSE Mathematics. The sessions are designed to improve teachers’ understanding of the AQA specification and ensure their students have the best opportunity to maximise potential grades.
The course will focus on an introduction to and overview of the specification, the key challenges, the standard, the transition from GCSE to A level, and provide all teachers with a range of effective teaching approaches, ideas and techniques, as well as key guidance in how to develop with advice on the exam, standards and best ways to prepare students.
Delegates will receive insights into new teaching approaches as well as key guidance in how to develop exceptional examination techniques in AQA GCSE to maximise students’ success when delivering the course.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Obtain excellent understanding of the complexities of the AQA A Level Mathematics specification
- Examine how to maximise success in the NEA units
- Gain insight into the content, the exam structure and how the exams are marked.
- Develop your teaching in specific topic areas to raise standard of achievement
- Examples of more challenging exam questions: how to prepare students to get the most possible marks
||Online | Thursday 27 January 2022
London | Thursday 10 June 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Mathematics ECTs
- Mathematics teachers in their first few years of teaching KS4 & KS5
- Non-specialists Mathematics Teachers
- Teachers lacking in confidence in the qualification may also benefit
- Heads of Mathematics
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance