ABOUT THIS COURSE
This new course is designed for all senior leaders, curriculum leaders, leaders of teaching and learning who are looking to enhance and improve the quality of teaching, learning and assessment to raise attainment.
The practical, hands-on course will focus on key ways to ensure excellence in teachers’ planning, to respond to the different needs of students, that appropriate challenge is set for the more able students, and in particular students understand their learning process, how they learn, and how they can improve their learning, and that there is consistency of progress across the curriculum for all students.
Emphasis will also be on attaining and maintaining whole school consistency in assessment standards, ensuring a culture of high expectations is embedded into whole school achievement, data tracking, progress tracking
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Gain strategies to ensure your curriculum continues to be ambitious, broad and balanced, and continues to tackle social justice issues
- Explore ways of supporting subject leaders to develop and audit effective disciplinary curricula
- Examine evidence-based approaches to improving pedagogy including ways of converting cognitive science into classroom practice
- Learn ways of supporting pedagogical developments through effective teacher CPD
- Explore ways of improving the quality of teaching through effective quality assurance
- Examine the central tenets of an effective whole-school assessment policy
- Understand ways of sense-checking assessment practices for their purpose, process and validity and of ensuring teacher marking and feedback are meaningful, manageable and motivating
- Examine ways of using the curriculum as a means of meaningful assessment
||London | Monday 13 June 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Senior leaders who are responsible for the curriculum and timetabling
- Senior leaders who are responsible for teaching and learning / CPD
- Senior leaders who are responsible for the whole-school assessment and data
||You can also book this as an in-school course
- A specially prepared folder of 50+ pages full of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- CPD Certificate of attendance