ABOUT THIS COURSE
Stepping-up to lead a Psychology is an exciting opportunity. Good leadership can transform the experiences and outcomes of staff and students. Building a united team with consistently strong teaching, learning and assessment is an essential role of a Head of Department. This new course examines the specific challenges faced by leaders of Psychology and the strategies needed to be a successful Head of Department. Delegates will gain an understanding of the features of an Outstanding Psychology Department and take away practical strategies to set-up and run their own departments.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Gain the latest understanding of what makes an Outstanding leader of Psychology.
- Examine the challenges of middle leadership and develop strategies to overcome these.
- Get prepared to successfully lead a Psychology department; developing a vision, strategy and building a team.
- Obtain strategies to effectively run a Psychology department including improving teaching and learning, tracking student progress and managing underperformance.
- Examine ways to enhance student experience in Psychology to facilitate outstanding student outcomes.
- Tips and advice on how to be successful in job applications and interviews for a Head of Department role.
||London | Monday 06 June 2022
London | Monday 14 November 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Teachers of Psychology
- Newly appointed leaders of Psychology
- Non-specialist leaders of Psychology
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance