ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course aims to develop understanding of the key topics in the A2 Mathematics A-level Specification: Conditional probability, the normal distribution (including the normal approximation of the binomial distribution) and the hypothesis tests for the correlation coefficient and the mean of a normal distribution. The session will focus on key teaching ideas and resources for introducing concepts to students, as well as looking at key assessment objectives and previous issues as highlighted by examiners. Knowledge of the AS Statistics specification will be assumed, including hypothesis testing with the binomial distribution.
N.B: Teachers must bring a calculator with statistical functionality, such as the Casio class wiz, for retrieving values from statistical models such as the normal distribution
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Gain an understanding of the key topics of the A-level Statistics specification
- Gain knowledge and guidance on the key assessment objectives and issues highlighted by the examiner
- Take away resources to use in the classroom
- Explore the conceptual understanding of hypothesis testing
||London | Friday 24 June 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- New Teachers of A-level Statistics who have taught the AS specification.
- Experienced teachers keen to develop their pedagogy of key Statistics concepts
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance