ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course is designed for EDUQAS A-Level Film Studies Teachers who are seeking to ensure high-performing students fulfil their potential through the successful application of higher order skills to attain highest level grades. The course will demonstrate how to guide your most accomplished students to achieve Grades A*/A in future EDUQAS Film Studies examinations. It will focus on a detailed analysis of what is expected at the top levels across both of the examination specification components and explore modalities to build your teaching practice around. The course will also provide guidance on effective revision strategies and examination techniques through which high achieving students can stand out and ensure that they succeed in the final examinations.
Led by experienced examiner and teacher, Chris Warrington, the course is designed for expert teachers of EDUQAS Film Studies.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Focused on identifying the demands of Grades A*/A and providing in-depth expertise to assist teachers in preparing students effectively
- Emphasis on teaching approaches which are most effective with high-performing students
- Focus on teaching approaches which stretch and challenge beyond A-Level, undergraduate level preparedness
- A comprehensive assessment of the different demands and variety of questions
- Sample answers at Grades A*/A will be scrutinized
- Materials will be provided that will allow teachers to cover the course in innovative and student-friendly ways that push the highest ability students.
|DATE & LOCATION
||London | Wednesday 24 November 2021
London | Wednesday 26 January 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Heads of English and Media departments with a Film Studies cohort.
- Heads of Film Studies department
- New/Current Teachers of A-Level Film Studies
||You can also book this as an In-School Webinar
- You will receive a specially prepared file electronically containing detailed notes, and teaching materials and resources which will be of immediate practical benefit in the classroom.
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance