ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course is specifically targeted and designed for all teachers new or recently new to teaching AQA GCSE Physics. The sessions are designed to improve teachers’ understanding of the AQA specification and ensure their students have the best opportunity to maximise potential grades. The course will focus on an introduction to and overview of the specification, the key challenges, the standard and provide all teachers with a range of effective teaching approaches, ideas and techniques, as well as key guidance in how to develop with advice on the exam, standards and best ways to prepare students.
Emphasis will also be on practical strategies on how to get the most from practical work and how to successfully build in the maths skills into your lessons.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Gain insight into the examiner reports – where are the marginal gains?
- Take away tested methods for the 6 marker
- Develop your grasp of the required practicals
- Explore how the formulae can help the weaker student jump a grade boundary – can I really pass with no written words?
- Find out how to help the students master the tricky concepts
- Explore the time pressures through the course
- Find out how to reduce your marking whilst still giving quality feedback
|DATES & LOCATION
||London | Monday 13 June 2022
London | Monday 07 November 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All teachers of GCSE Physics (double or triple award) looking for the marginal gains for their classes
- Teachers new to teaching GCSE Physics
- Biology and Chemistry teachers being asked to teach GCSE Physics
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance