ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course will help teachers new to delivering design and technology to develop their knowledge and understanding of crucial D&T concepts. They will learn about teaching strategies that enable pupils to act creatively, take ownership of their work and avoid stereotypical responses. They will also learn how to effectively teach essential subject knowledge, including the use of systems and electronics. Delegates will leave with a wide range of strategies, ideas and resources which can be used to help students to achieve successful outcomes.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Understand what successful D&T looks like in the classroom.
- Receive a range of strategies and ideas to enable students to make real design choices and think creatively.
- Receive strategies to teach technical knowledge, including systems and numeracy within the subject.
- Take away a range of resources that can be used straight away in the classroom.
|DATE & LOCATION
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Non-specialist teachers with a new D/T secondment
- New Teachers of D/T
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of 50+ pages full of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance
- Two course restaurant lunch
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Guaranteed high quality venues