ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course will consider what excellence in a Dance department looks like, and the role of the Head of Dance or Dance Lead in helping to achieve and maintain such excellence.
It will examine strategies for successful recruitment of students, for optimizing teaching and learning, for managing teachers experienced and inexperienced, and for establishing and maintaining a position for Dance within a school. It will conclude with an overview of what the working year of a Head of Dance involves, and of the opportunities and challenges the job presents at various stages in its life cycle. It will offer constructive, effective advice derived from experience, and will aim to incorporate lively discussion and question-and-answer sessions.
This course is designed for current Heads of Dance or Dance Leads and for anyone interested in holding such a position or in contributing to the management of a Dance department.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Consider what makes a Dance department excellent, and the role of the Head of Dance in achieving this
- Look at a range of strategies for improving and maintaining recruitment of students
- Look at ways in which a Head of Dance can develop and improve teaching, learning and achievement in Dance
- Examine the yearly workload of a Head of Dance and the life cycle of the job
- Reflect on strategies for dealing with the challenges and making the most of the opportunities presented by a Head of Dance position
||London | Thursday 30 June 2022
London | Thursday 08 December 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Current Heads of Dance
- Aspiring Heads of Dance
- Heads of PE
- Heads of Performing Arts
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance
- On arrival at this course delegates will receive a specially prepared file containing detailed notes and resources which will be of immediate practical benefit in leading a successful Dance department