ABOUT THIS COURSE
Strong leadership is fundamental in transforming student outcomes and experience. A successful Head of Sociology builds a team where everyone “buys into” the vision and strives to deliver the highest quality teaching and learning in all lessons.
This new course will cover what excellence in a Sociology Department looks like, and the role of the Head of Sociology in helping to achieve and maintain excellence. It will examine strategies to increase student recruitment, improving retention rates, consistent high-quality teaching and learning across all classes, managing teachers (new, non-specialist and experienced) and generating a “buzz” across the department and wider/school.
This course is designed for aspiring, new and current Heads of Sociology.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE A-LEVEL SOCIOLOGY COURSE
- Understand what makes a Sociology Department Outstanding
- Know the attributes of a strong leader of Sociology
- Examine the challenges faced by Heads of Sociology and develop strategies for effective leadership
- Transform your leadership skills and expertise to maximise student outcomes in Sociology
- Review the performance of your department and take away changes to drive up standards
- Obtain strategies to run a successful Sociology department including raising standards, ensuring consistency in teaching, learning and assessment across all classes, generating a “buzz” in the department and managing teachers (new, non-specialist and experienced)
- Evaluate the impact of your actions and decisions as a leader on staff and student performance
- Look at a range of strategies to improve student recruitment and retention in Sociology
||London | Friday 1 July 2022
London | Friday 20 January 2023
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Heads of Sociology
- Aspiring/Newly appointed Heads of Sociology
- Teachers with responsibility for Sociology
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of 50+ pages full of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance