In the dawn of the new progress 8 measures, this course aims to equip Science leaders and teachers of Science with the smart tools required to maximise pupil progress in GCSE Science, without increasing workload. This course uses new research from the Education Endowment Fund and highlights the most effective marking and feedback strategies used to improve progress in GCSE Science of both the current and new GCSE specifications. Tools to identify common misconceptions and strategies to support challenging Science concepts are considered. The course will also demonstrate how we can make the most of assessment data to implement effective classroom intervention strategies to improve progress.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Explore effective and manageable marking and feedback methods …what works?
- Utilise assessment data to create personalised intervention plans to improve student progress in the laboratory
- Take away smart strategies to identify and address underperformance in Science
- Understanding of how the most challenging concepts of GCSE Science can be broken down into smaller chunks to aid pupil progress
- How to develop quality practical skills to ensure all learners make outstanding progress.
- Strategies to support pupils to maximise progress on longer ‘6 mark’ GCSE questions
||London, Tuesday 06 June 2017
Manchester, Tuesday 04 July 2017
||All teachers and leaders of GCSE Science
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
| Detailed notes
|| On-line materials
| Powerpoint presentations
|| CPD Certificate
| High quality training facilities
|| Sit-down buffet lunch