ABOUT THIS COURSE
These are exciting and challenging times to lead in Secondary Science. Science faculties have the most rewarding subject to teach, and benefit from many developments and resources for teaching on social media. However, Science can be a more difficult subject to lead than others within a secondary school with a complex curriculum offer, shortages of qualified subject specialists, health and safety responsibilities and practical work with large teams and non-teaching staff to lead.
To address these unique challenges this practical course has been developed to support new or aspiring leaders in Science. Together we will examine the complex tasks faced by leaders of Science and the strategies necessary for success. Delegates will take away practical strategies to enable them to hit the ground running, enabling them to keep on top of the day to day issues whilst developing their team and a shared strategic vision.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- What does successful leadership in Science look like?
- Examine the specific challenges of running a Science Faculty and share tips and hints for success
- Building a successful team in Science
- Developing a vision for Science and making it happen
|DATES & LOCATION
||London | Tuesday 29 November 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Newly appointed Heads of Science
- Aspiring leaders in Science
- Newly appointed subject leaders in Science
- Newly appointed key stage leaders in Science
- TLR holders in Science
- Heads of Science Faculties
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance