ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course is designed for all teachers looking to ensure their students achieve their best in the summer 2023 OCR A Level History exams.
The course focuses on methods by which student responses to the differing types of questions they will face in their examinations can be improved. All types of exam questions will be considered in terms of their requirements, common mistakes that students make when answering them and strategies to improve the quality of answers produced. Focus will be upon knowledge and understanding as a means of producing higher-level answers, with consideration additionally given to strategies that can be employed by students of differing levels of capability.
The characteristics of excellent essays that move away from description at Level 2 and towards judgement of the higher levels will be exampled, with opportunity given for teachers to scrutinise exam-type responses using marking descriptors and levels.
This course is up to the minute and will respond to any changes in the examination series.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Gain an insight into the different forms of exam questions on all exam papers
- Develop an understanding of the reasons why students can under-perform when answering exam questions
- Examine how to maximise success in Question One, Paper 3.
- Take away easily applicable strategies that will enable students to produce better quality answers to all forms of exam questions
- Explore means of producing higher-level responses to essay and long-answer questions
- Gaining an insight into the marking of exam-type responses
- Example extended A-level questions: how to prepare students to get the most possible marks
||London | Wednesday 07 December 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All teachers of OCR A Level History
- Teachers looking to improve exam results
- Heads of History
- Heads of Humanities
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance