ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course will provide ideas and solutions for strengthening the performance of less able GCSE History students in the classroom and in their exams in 2023. There will be a distinctly practical feel to the day with plenty of examples of learning activities. Our expert presenter will lead a close analysis of what students need to do in exams in order to succeed at GCSE, with clear solutions offered to overcome problem areas for lower ability students.
Focus will also be on providing expert guidance on teaching the specification to ensure ongoing student progress and motivation, along with showing clearly how students in this ability range can produce exam answers that allow them to meet their potential. This course is a must for all Pearson GCSE History teachers wishing to improve their results further.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Identify a range of indicators that reveal the needs of weaker students
- Take away high quality materials that help you prepare Grade 4 and 5 students innovative and student-friendly ways to succeed in the exams
- Look in detail at the issues created by the content of papers for lower ability students
- Analyse mark schemes and take away suggested ways of preparing mid-range students successfully
- The demands of questions will be dissected, analysed and discussed
- Take away materials that use student-friendly terminology and templates for answers at Grades 4-5
- Sample questions at levels 2-5 will be discussed and marked
||London | Thursday 07 July 2022
London | Tuesday 08 November 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All teachers of Pearson/Edexcel GCSE History
- Heads of History
- Teachers looking to switch exam boards
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance