ABOUT THIS COURSE
This new course will explore practical approaches to the significant challenges of teaching Art & Design at KS4 and also KS3. This interactive and practical course will guide, support and challenge teachers in equal measures. You will leave with a wide range of ideas, methods and approaches, together with up-to-date insight on how best to thrive in these unprecedented times working with your students on always to maximise their potential.
Particular emphasis will be made in this course on increasing attainment of Grades 4 – 5 students, but strategies and approaches with students of grade 7 – 9 ability will also be included in the course.
This is a course with a difference, and focusses on the key essential skills for students to access the higher grades in Art & Design, over and beyond working through the specification – What needs to be in place to secure a strong basis for continued year on year cohort success, and how to do this.
Each session tackles key areas of successful students work seen nationally through practical, open ended workshops. As we progress, each strategy will be supported by off the shelf resources and time to tailor the work specifically to your students’ learning needs. Future planning and delivery ideas will form the basis of a ‘must have’ tool kit!
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Understanding the importance of key creative operations which are seeded at KS3 & exploited at GCSE/A Level
- Off the shelf practical strategies which can easily be tailored to your students’ learning needs & interests
- We will identify, embrace and exploit The Wow Factor in the practical Arts into all aspects of your teaching
- Take away a range of different and fresh approaches to building diverse and exciting programmes of study for all ability ranges
- Build into your teaching top grade assessment criteria for successful outcomes
||London | Wednesday 13 July 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Heads of Art/Craft & Design
- Teachers of Art & Design at KS3 & KS4
- Teachers in their first years of teaching Art & Design
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance