ABOUT THIS COURSE
This NEW course is designed for teachers new to the demands of A Level Classical Civilisation, whether new to the profession, coming to the subject from a different specialism, or returning to the subject since the 2017 reforms. It offers a practical approach from which delegates can take away a range of highly effective teaching strategies, an understanding of the assessment criteria, and an appreciation of the unique characteristics of Classical Civilisation.
The course also focuses on the tone and style of Classical Civilisation essay writing, as opposed to other A Level subjects, and how to ensure that your students do well in 2021 and 2022. There will be examples of essays to discuss, to consider the strengths and weaknesses of students’ work through the eyes of an experienced examiner.
The course also offers teachers a chance to deepen their knowledge, expand their range of teaching methods and strategies, take away strong approaches to support students in their learning, their revision, and ultimate success in the exams.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
- Develop your appreciation for the tenor of A Level Classical Civilisation
- Deepen your understanding of subject specific writing style, assessment criteria and marking by examining exemplar student work.
- Take away a range of teaching strategies and methods to support students of all abilities to success
- Find out how to access the highest marks for each component – achieving A and A* grades
- Take away strategies for developing students’ understanding of examination questions and subject content
|DATE & LOCATION:
||London | Tuesday 21 June 2022
London | Tuesday 08 November 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Heads of Classics
- New teachers of A level Classical Civilisation
- Subject non-specialists
- Subject returners
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance