ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course, new for autumn 2022, offers an introduction and overview to teaching the OCR A level Ancient History course for anyone in their first 3 years of teaching the course, or for anyone lacking confidence in delivering the course effectively. The sessions are designed to improve delegate’s understanding of the OCR specification and ensure that students have the best opportunity to maximise their potential grades.
Teachers will take away fresh teaching approaches as well as key practical guidance in how to develop examination techniques in OCR A Level Ancient History to maximise students’ success when delivering the course in preparation for the 2023 exam.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Provide teachers of A-level Ancient History the skills and confidence to teach effectively to all ability ranges
- Fully understand the demands of the OCR A Level Ancient History specification
- Take away in depth understanding of the key challenge areas and how to teach them
- Gain insight into the content, the exam structure and the how exams are marked.
- Understanding of how to differentiate using scaffold and stretch strategies for essay writing
- Develop your teaching in specific topic areas to raise standards
- Examine lots of ideas to stimulate classroom delivery
- Example extended A-level questions: how to prepare students to get the most possible marks
|DATE & LOCATION
||London | Monday 28 November 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- ECT’s in A level Ancient History
- Teachers just entering their first years of teaching A level Ancient History
- Teachers wanting to enhance their knowledge of A level Ancient History
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance