ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course is specifically targeted and designed for all teachers new or recently new to teaching OCR A Level Biology. The sessions are designed to improve teachers’ understanding of the OCR specification and ensure their students have the best opportunity to maximise potential grades.
The course will focus on an introduction to and overview of the specification, the key challenges, the standard, the transition from GCSE to A level, and provide all teachers with a range of effective teaching approaches, ideas and techniques, as well as key guidance in how to develop with advice on the exam, standards and best ways to prepare students.
Emphasis will also be on practical strategies on how to get the most from practical work and how to successfully build in the maths skills into your lessons.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Fully understand the complexities of the OCR A Level Biology specification
- Examine how to maximise success in the NEA Component
- Gain insight into the content, the exam structure and the how exams are marked
- Develop ways to improve outcomes across the ability range
- Examine lots of ideas on how the maths and practical skills can be embedded throughout the course
- Take away some activities that can be adapted for use when teaching a range of different topics
||London | Thursday 23 June 2022
London | Thursday 10 November 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- New or recently new teachers of OCR A Level Biology
- Heads of Biology
- Heads of Science
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance