ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
This interactive webinar will focus on one of the most challenging and often overlooked areas of teaching. We will focus on bridging the gap between GCSE and A Level, scaffolding to support students to access higher level reading and listening tasks, ideas for learning and testing vocabulary and skills for translating into and out of German.
Can be bought with A Level German Paper 2: Film Study (Expert series) webinar for £200.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Identifying exam techniques to support your pupils to achieve the very best result
- Gain deep understanding of the marking scheme and how to achieve the highest scores in Paper 1
- Develop a range of strategies to enable your pupils to produce high quality answers and self-monitor their work
- Gain ideas and strategies for vocabulary learning and retention
- Best practice guidance from an experienced A Level teacher and examiner
- A set of notes and resources that you will be able to use immediately to support the teaching of this aspect of the A Level course
|DATE & LOCATION||Online | Monday 22 March 2021
Online | Wednesday 30 June 2021
4.00 pm: Introduction, welcome and sound check
4.05 pm: Study skills for vocabulary learning and retention
- The benefits and wins of frequent low-stakes testing; how and what to test
- Ideas for vocabulary learning tasks
- Resources for teachers and students
4.20 pm: Listening and Reading tasks – scaffolding and stretching
- Exploiting texts for multiple uses; exercises using texts, audio, transcripts and videos
- Listening/looking out for false friends and distractors
- Sources and resources for teachers and students
- A detailed looked at the 2019 Examiners’ Report – what can students do better?
4.50 pm: Translation tasks – into and out of German
- The importance of the ‘little words’
- Feedback from examiners
- Creating a personalised checklist – helping students to help themselves, even under exam conditions
5.20 pm: Feedback and sharing ideas – what has worked for you?
- Quick teach meet – chance to network and share ideas with colleagues
5.30 pm: Close
Wanda Marshall is a German and French teacher of nearly 20 years’ experience. She was formerly Head of German in a large north London comprehensive. She currently teaches Edexcel A Level German in a sixth form college and has also been an examiner for AQA A Level German (Paper 3, oral) for the past five years so she has first hand current experience of teaching and examining the two main boards