This revised for 2022 A-level Spanish conference will provide students with a highly valuable and motivational revision day. The conference has been designed to improve student understanding with varied, interactive sessions throughout the day that will extend student achievement in the listening, reading, writing and speaking areas of the papers.
Students will receive high quality advice, guidance and examples from senior examiners for producing examination answers of the highest levels.
The conference is designed for students on the AQA or Pearson Edexcel courses.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Gain top level advice and guidance on how to access the higher grades in examinations
- Enhance your understanding of the key areas of A level Spanish , all linked directly to the exam papers
- Take part in interactive examiner workshops to improve performance in the exams
- Take home a full set of revision notes written by senior examiners
- Be inspired by an impressive, motivational and valuable session
10:25– 10:30 am Welcome and Introductions
10.35– 11.05 am Paper 1: Get all the marks in listening
- How to look out for distractors in the listening passages
- How to make sure your answers are really answers to the questions in free-response questions
- How to structure your answers for full marks on the listening summary task- which pitfalls may impact on the top end?
- Precision, direct responses – building synthesis into a response.
11:05– 11:40 am: Paper 1: Reading the path to success
- How the question types work -dissecting the questions to really gain understanding of what is being asked.
- Key strategies for answering each type of question- highlighting the key mistakes made and methods to avoid these
- How topic knowledge can help you
- What do top level responses look like in answering reading questions
- Text exploration- how to gain every mark
11.40 – 12.00 pm Break
12:00– 12:20 pm: Translation into Spanish
- How you get the marks and where students most go wrong- avoiding the common pitfalls.
- How you need to approach translation into Spanish
- Grammar in action– understanding what makes a difference
- Reinforcement of a range of lexis and complex forms to produce the strongest response
- Using vocabulary – what you can and cannot do
- Comparing answers translated into Spanish: which gets into the top mark band and why?
12.20 – 12.40 pm Translation into English
- Clear and unambiguous messages
- Using the correct English terms
- What if I don’t understand? What if it doesn’t make sense? Methods to overcome the potential barriers.
- Translate a passage into English and compare with a model response- highlighting the key features that gain the marks according to the examiners perspective.
12.40- 1.20 pm Lunch
1.20 – 1.30 pm Ask the experts- an opportunity to have your questions answered by the examiners.
1:30 – 2:20 pm: – Paper 2: Exactly how to answer questions on Spanish film and literature
- The formula approach to hitting the top boxes in the mark scheme
- What do exam boards mean by a ‘critical and analytical response’? Meeting the key challenges of the task
- Essay planning, structure and content
- How to make sure your writing is analytical
- Keeping the quality of language high- using the appropriate terms and when to do this.
2.20 – 2.50 pm Paper 2: Practical film and literature essay writing workshop
- Watch a short film
- Analyse the different aspects
- Plan an essay
- Look at examples of an A/A* and C grade answer
2:50-3:10 pm: Precisely how to deal with the speaking cards
- What is interaction? (A01) and how do I get all the marks for it?
- What do I need to say about the information on the card?
- How do I use the 5 minutes’ preparation time?
- How do I make sure I really answer the questions in depth and detail?
3.10 – 3.25 pm Independent research projects – dos and don’ts
- Choosing a really great topic what gains the marks?
- How to get full marks on the presentation
- Making sure you really have an analytical point of focus
- How to prepare to be ready for the test when you need to work on your own
One free teacher place for every 10 student places
Additional teachers £35+VAT
Individual teachers £80+VAT