ABOUT THIS COURSE
We are delighted to introduce this new course will enable you to deliver innovative dance to engage, motivate and challenge BTEC Dance learners with planning ideas to help enhance attainment and achievement with the internal Component 1.
This course is for all Dance and PE teachers delivering this qualification.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Learn how to approach Component 1 both practically and theoretically
- Develop creative teaching for learners and take away a tool kit of innovative ideas
- Have the confidence to plan your course with imagination
- Gain understanding of the expectations of learners and how to help aid their success
- Discover how you can deliver the course with insight from the dance specialist course leader
|COURSE DATE||Online | Friday 20 November 2020|
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?||
|IN-SCHOOL||You can also book this as an In-School Course|
10.00 – 11.15am
Unpicking Component 1
- Discussion: Exploring the overview of the course, the components, their weighting and where the this internal component fits into the overall qualification.
- What are the expectations of learners for this component?
- Unpicking the grading criteria and expectations.
- Ideas to take back to the classroom or dance studio to enhance student abilities and creativity
11.15 – 11.30am
Discussion: coffee break
11.30 – 12.30pm
Preparing for assessment
- Discussion on professional works that are appropriate for this component
- Looking at how to be the most productive with covering the learning aims to produce evidence that is valid for accessing the higher grading criteria
- How to improve the learners dance experience for non practical assessment
- How to encourage students to enjoy discovering professional dance works
12.30 – 1.30pm
Lunch and informal discussion
1.30 – 2.30pm
- Planning a term of exciting delivery of one professional work of your choice.
- Opportunity to share good practice and challenge own practice.
- Expect: Lively Discussions with plenty of new ideas and strategies
2.30 – 2.45pm
Discussion: afternoon tea
2.45 – 3.30pm
- Grading learners’ work together
- How to aid, encourage and push learners to achieve
- How this unit relates to Component 2 and especially Component 3 and other administration processes
Final questions and depart
Justine has taught for over 24 years teaching across all age ranges as teacher, Head of Department, Director, choreographer and consultant (The BRIT School, BHASVIC, South Downs College). She has been a standards verifier for Edexcel’s/ Pearson’s BTEC Level 2 and 3 and was an A Level Dance examiner/moderator. She has written published dance resources for South East Dance, Pavilion Dance South West and Pearson Education and her book ‘Dance Improvisations’ is published by Human Kinetics. She has been involved in the writing of many syllabi for vocational qualifications as well as educational resources for Dance companies. In 2015 she was the Developer/Writer for London Curriculum Dance Module for Sadler’s Wells. She has been devising and delivering continued professional development courses for Keynote Educational since 2005 and was an animateur with Rambert Dance Company for ten years. Justine is well known to dance practitioners as the creator of ‘The Dance Teachers agony aunt’ Facebook group providing online support for more than 1600 dance teachers in the UK. She is presently an external expert for OFQUAL.