Monday 12 October 2020 – 4pm
Tuesday 12 January 2021 – 4pm
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
A 60 minute webinar designed to take students and teachers through the demands of the AQA Health and the People option, focusing on the question types and how to go about answering them effectively in order to maximise performance, marks and grade.
BENEFITS OF THIS WEBINAR:
- Review the demands of the paper: timing allocations, questions
- Identify what the examiners are looking for in each question
- Explore how much to write, balancing content and skill
- Confidently tackle the more challenging questions
- Review revision activities and strategies to make study effective
- Target higher grades with guidance on how to apply your knowledge in the exams
4.00 – 4.05 pm Welcome and Introduction
4.05 pm: An Overview of the Health and the People Paper
- Timings and Question Styles
- How much to write
- Essential content
- What do examiners want to see?
4.20 pm: Showing What You Know: Matching Content and Skill
- Nailing the 4 mark questions
- Developing your answers: the 8- and 12 Mark questions
- Showing Complex, Evaluative Thinking: when and where
4.40pm: Extending Your Writing to Show Complex Thinking
- What does “Complex Thinking” look like?
- How to demonstrate complex thinking in your answers
- Planning and writing your answers: structure and time management
4.50 pm: Making Your Revision Stick
- What to revise
- How to revise…Planning, Acting and Reviewing
- When to revise
Dr Paul Johnson
Paul is an experienced examiner, Deputy Head and trainer with more than 35 years’ teaching experience in a range of educational contexts. He is a Senior Examiner with a leading examination board, a former Principal Moderator and the author of a number of text books and articles on the craft of history teaching. He could recently be heard on BBC radio giving advice on Revision Hacks for parents and students.