DATES: Monday 13 January 2020 4pm (1hr)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Provide your students with a final boost in their exam preparation, with this focused one-hour webinar on the AQA GCSE History Period Study Germany 1890-1945 Democracy and Dictatorship.
This webinar includes a set of notes which will be sent in advance for teachers to use with their students and which students will be able to use after the webinar to improve their examination revision.
This interactive webinar will provide your students with:
- Understanding of how to approach interpretations
- Confidence to tackle successfully the difficult ‘most convincing’ question
- An insight in the standards expected by the examiners with specific references to recent Examiner Reports
- Practical tips on how to answer the shorter ‘Describe’ and ‘In what ways’ questions
- Ideas on how to write detailed, yet concise 2 bullet essays in examination conditions.
Welcome, introductions and sound check
Part 1: Dealing with interpretations
- Definition time! ‘Interpretations’ and ‘Convincing’
- The difference between ‘How’ and ‘Why’: Let’s make it clear!
- Effective structures in timed conditions: writing frames, sentence starters and judgements
- Popular areas of interpretation: ‘Munich Putsch’, ‘Reichstag Fire’ and the ‘Night of the Long Knives’.
Part 2: Short, medium and long answers
- Dealing with ‘Describe’ quickly with great examples relating to Germany recovery during ‘the Golden Age of Weimar’
- Great tips to tackle ‘In what ways’ with a look at the impact of the Nazi Dictatorship on the Germany population (‘Women’, ‘Children’ and ‘Undesirables’)
- Applying knowledge appropriately to the bullet point essay, with a focus on Germany before the First World War-how did Kaiser Wilhelm II manage Germany?
- Clarifying confusing areas: Weimar Constitution and Hitler’s rise to power.