DATES: Tuesday 11 February 2020 4pm (1hr)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Provide your students with a final boost in their exam preparation, with this focused one-hour webinar on the AQA GCSE History Wider World Depth Studies: Conflict & Tension 1918-1939, examining what examiners are looking for on the key topics and questions on this popular Paper 1 option.
This webinar includes a set of notes which will be sent in advance for teachers to use with their students and which students will be able to use after the webinar to improve their examination revision.
This interactive webinar will provide your students with:
- Confidence to tackle successfully the difficult Utility and ‘Write an Account’ questions, which caused difficulties in 2018 and 2019
- Extended skills for the 8, 12 and 16 mark questions on Paper 1
- Knowledge of what AQA examiners are looking for so that students can gain the highest grades
Welcome, introductions and sound check
Paper 1 Source questions
- How to use contextual knowledge to comment effectively on a source
- Effective comments on provenance – working through examples
- Answering the ‘How Useful’ question
- Analyse examples of student answers
Paper 1 8 mark and Essay question
- Answering the ‘Write an Account’ question
- Effective essay writing for the 16 mark question
- Comparative answers exercise
Who should attend?
All students studying Wider World Depth Studies: Conflict & Tension 1918-1939