DATES: Monday 11 November 2019 4pm (1hr)
Thursday 23 April 2020 4pm (1hr)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Provide your students with a final boost in their exam preparation, with this focused one-hour webinar on the very popular AQA GCSE History Paper 2 option, the Normans. Examining the key areas in which students need to excel to succeed in the question paper, the webinar will provide students with a examiner guidance on how to answer the most difficult questions.
This webinar includes a set of notes which will be sent in advance for teachers to use with their students and which students will be able to use after the webinar to improve their examination revision.
This interactive webinar will provide your students with:
- Confidence to tackle successfully the ‘How convincing’, ‘Write an account’ and historic environment questions.
- Guidance on extended writing – particularly for the HE.
- Knowledge of what AQA examiners are looking for so that students can gain the highest grades
Welcome, introductions and sound check
Paper 2 Historical concepts and 8 mark explain the importance and write an account
- Key concepts covered on the Normans – focus on change and continuity using that to organise key content for revision.
- How to approach the ‘Explain the importance’ question
- How to address the ‘write an account’ question on paper 2.
- Analyse examples of student answers
Paper 2 Interpretations and Historic Environment
- Answering the ‘How convincing’ question effectively
- How to research the HE
- How to structure the HE essay
- Comparative answers exercise
Who should attend
All students studying Paper 2: The Normans