DATES: Thursday 23 April 2020 4pm (1hr)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Provide your students with a final boost in their exam preparation, with this focused one-hour webinar on the very popular AQA GCSE History Paper 2 option, the Normans. Examining the key areas in which students need to excel to succeed in the question paper, the webinar will provide students with a examiner guidance on how to answer the most difficult questions.
- Confidence to tackle successfully the ‘How convincing’, ‘Write an account’ and historic environment questions.
- Guidance on extended writing – particularly for the HE.
- Knowledge of what AQA examiners are looking for so that students can gain the highest grades
- Coverage of the key themes of the course looking at questions touching on each section of the course
4.00pm – Welcome, introductions and sound check
4.05pm – Paper 2 Historical concepts and the 8-mark ‘explain the importance’ and ‘write an account’ questions
- Key concepts covered on the Normans – focus on change and continuity using that to organise key content for revision. E.g. How far did life really change for people; did some people experience more change than others? How successful was the attempt to reform the English Church?
- How to approach the ‘Explain the importance’ question
- How to address the ‘write an account’ question on paper 2.
- Analyse examples of student answers
4.30pm – Paper 2 Interpretations and Historic Environment
- Answering the ‘How convincing’ question effectively
- How to research the HE
- How to structure the HE essay
- Comparative answers exercise
Who should attend
All students studying Paper 2: The Normans
Helena has over a decade of teaching and examining experience. She teaches at a large comprehensive school in Cheshire and has extensive experience with students of all abilities. She is an experienced national presenter and author of GCSE History textbooks for the current specification, as well as being an Assistant Principal Examiner with a leading awarding body.