Tuesday 11 May 2021 4pm
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
This new webinar for Year 10 to 11 students of AQA GCSE PE will focus on exam techniques. It is designed to introduce techniques and strategies that will help students to answer the 6 and 9 mark questions using a logical and structured approach. Discussions will be based on how to navigate the complexities of the assessment criteria and how to understand what the examiner is expecting to see to be able to award a good mark. The webinar will focus on a logical approach to answering exam questions using scaffolding as a method for constructing your answers. The webinar will cover topics from across the specification in both paper 1 and paper 2
The webinar is interactive, there will be tasks, activities, work set, opportunities for students to ask questions throughout. There will also be course notes for the students
A key important point for all the students is that the webinar will be led by current expert examiners
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All students taking AQA A-level PE
- Learn how to help students tackle the demands of the command words
- Develop excellent exam technique using scaffolding
- Introduce analysis and evaluation targeted at the extended questions
- Develop strategies for teaching some of the newer topics on paper 2
4:00 – 4.05 pm
Welcome and Introduction. The importance of context.
- Make sure students answer the question.
- Command words and context in question scenarios.
- Examples, how to use them in student answers.
Exam workshop 1
- How to get students to respond to the command word.
- Develop student techniques for discussion produce top band answers!
- An introduction to scaffolding, how to build an answer!
- Teaching ideas for topics from across the spec.
Exam workshop 2
- More techniques focused on how to construct a top band answer.
- Develop the ideal approach to answering extended questions!
- Final thought on exam preparation.
- Teaching techniques from across the spec.
Ross is Principal Moderator and Coursework Advisor for a major exam board. He has managed a strong team of teachers in one of the country’s largest and most successful providers of A Level Physical Education and brings a wealth of experience to this course. Ross has a strong reputation for delivering focused and informative INSET courses and is a regular provider of articles and information to a number of educational periodicals. He provides educational consultancy in schools/ colleges around the country.