This brand NEW conference will demonstrate how students can overcome the key exam hurdles for success in the 2022 examinations.
This interactive and refreshed AQA GCSE PE programme will provide students with a motivational, informative and valuable revision day. Specially designed by practicing senior examiners, the day will allow your students to gain greater understanding of the requirements of the examinations and how to improve their performance in them, whilst gaining motivational support and advice on AQA GCSE PE and high performance sport.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING?
- A fully interactive day: the AQA GCSE PE specification brought to life with an Olympic gymnast, motivational sessions, ways to remember topics, exam focus areas and activities
- Bring the specification to life and show how to improve final grades
- Expert guidance from examiners on improving performance in the multiple choice, short answer and extended questions
- Take away a comprehensive set of notes which give excellent revision advice and demonstrate the levels required for success
- Teachers will receive the full conference presentations and follow-on materials after the conference as electronic resources
10.00 – 10.30am: Welcome and Introduction
- Setting the scene for the day: Video montage of sporting clips and achievements
10.30 – 11.15am: Mastering the content of Paper 1
- ‘Having a plan’: expert advice from our examiners on how to ensure exam success including time suggestions and exam technique
- Common/likely exam mistakes and how to avoid them, to ensure students stand out
- EXAMINER TIPS: How to best prepare for and maximise success in extended questions (6 and 9 mark questions), using examples
- Applied anatomy and physiology brought to life: using these well in exams
- Movement analysis – including planes and axes and levers
11.15 – 11.30am: Morning break- submit your questions to win a prize
11.30 – 12.00pm: Paper 1 continued
- Physical training: key issues to be aware of for the exams
- Examiner guidance on how to produce answers that allow students to demonstrate knowledge and understanding and score well
- Ask the examiners: interactive student 6 and 9 mark question exam help session
12.00 – 12.40pm: Introduction to Paper 2
- Our examiners explore strengths and weaknesses in Paper 2 responses from the previous year, to boost student chances in the exams
- EXAMINER TIPS: How to best prepare and maximise your success in extended questions (6 and 9 mark)
- Sports psychology – how to approach this topic area with confidence
12.40 – 13.20pm: Lunch
13.20 – 13.30pm: Question Box
- More time to hear about (and see!) key successes. A chance to ask direct questions to all speakers with a prize awarded for the best question.
13.30 – 14.40pm: Paper 2 continued
- Socio-cultural influences brought to life
- Planning for extended questions – how to ensure success
- Health, fitness and well-being – how to make sure answers are what are the examiners are looking for
- Use of data: high quality advice and guidance in scoring well in these questions
14.40 – 14.45pm: Break
14.45 – 15.00pm: Final Top Tips and inter-school quiz
- KEY POINTS from each of the presenters: how to improve your final grade
- INTER SCHOOL QUIZ: applying the key conference content – with full student involvement and prizes for the best performers!
Ross is Principal Moderator and Coursework Advisor for a major exam board. He has managed a strong team of teachers in one of the country’s largest and most successful providers of A Level Physical Education and brings a wealth of experience to this course. Ross has a strong reputation for delivering focused and informative INSET courses and is a regular provider of articles and information to a number of educational periodicals. He provides educational consultancy in schools/ colleges around the country.
Jackie is an experienced teacher of 16 years, with 5 years working as an AST and as a lead practitioner focussing on whole school teaching and learning. Her results at all levels are consistently above National average. She specialises in active teaching and learning approaches. Jackie has taught all aspects of A Level and BTEC and specialises in physiology whereby these engaging ideas allow students to grasp difficult concepts. She is fully involved in the examination process at GCSE, BTEC and A Level with both AQA and Pearson and has been an integral part of virtual resource building for the developing PE resource mypeexam.org
One free teacher place for every 10 student places
Additional teachers £35+VAT
Individual teachers £80+VAT