ABOUT THIS CONFERENCE
This NEW Physics conference will provide students with a highly valuable and motivational revision day. The conference has been designed to have interactive sessions throughout the day which are all directly related to specification and assessment content.
Students will high quality advice, guidance and examples from senior examiners for producing examination answers of the highest levels.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Experience a unique opportunity to hear from leading experts and senior examiners in the same event
- Ask questions direct to experts on key topics from the AQA specification
- Gain top level advice and guidance on how to access the higher grades in examinations
- Enhance your understanding of key areas of Physics, all linked directly to the exam papers
- Take part in interactive examiner workshops to improve performance in the exams
- Take away a full set of conference notes, with examination tips and example answers
|DATE & LOCATION||London | Monday 29 March 2021|
|IN-SCHOOL||You can also book this as an In-School Conference|
NEW 2021 PROGRAMME COMING SOON!
10.15 – 10.20am
Welcome and introductions
10.20 – 11.20am
Answering Paper 1:
- Explore the most challenging topic area in Sections 1-5 of the specification and identifying why they are difficult (in particular Waves and Newton’s Laws).
- Develop revision strategies to prepare for questions with unfamiliar contexts
- Improve your presentation skills on calculation questions to gain full marks.
- Use mark schemes and exemplar material to improve understanding of the expectations of examiners
11.20 – 11.40am
Break – submit your questions for our expert s
Answering Paper 2
- Explore the most challenging topic area in Sections 6-8 of the specification and identifying why they are difficult (in particular Fields and Radioactivity).
- Develop a technical vocabulary to improve performance on description/ explanation questions
- Effective revision techniques to ensure better factual recall
- Efficient strategies for tackling the multiple-choice section
Ask the examiner – student questions on A-level Physics are answered by our experts
1.40 – 3.00pm
Answering Paper 3 Practical Skills and Data Analysis
- Improving the skills of graph-plotting and analysis of graphs by following the guidelines for best practice
- Developing communication skills in relation to describing methods and use of equipment through written communication activities linked to practical activities
- Focussing on basic numeracy skills and systematic approaches to mathematical problem-solving
- Understanding the importance of uncertainty in planning and evaluating experiments
- Developing capacity to tackle novel experiments beyond the twelve core practicals
Students will work through selected questions to address these skills.
3.15 – 4:00pm
Exam technique, Final Top Tips and Close
- Improving your communication so examiners understand you
- Use time management methods to maximise effectiveness of your exam time
- Ensure that you understand what the question is asking for
- Be over-prepared for the paper, do not leave things to chance.
Tony Dunn is a current examiner for OCR A-level Physics and has taught for over 30 years in secondary schools and sixth form colleges, mainly in inner city areas, specialising in A-level Physics. Since the new A-level curriculum was introduced, he has had 100% pass rates with all his A-level Physics groups, whilst working at an inclusive college in a deprived borough. He was a Head of Science for 12 years and also spent several years training Physics teachers in SE Asia.
Martin is a current Head of Physics which he carries out as part of his wider role as Assistant Head of Sixth Form at a large FE College. He has 14 years’ experience teaching A-level Physics in Secondary Schools and Colleges to students of all abilities from a wide range of backgrounds. Martin has been an OCR A-level Physics Examiner for the past 7 years and a Team Leader for the past 3 years.
One free teacher place for every 10 student places
Additional teachers £35+VAT
Individual teachers £80+VAT