Monday 14 June 2021 – 4pm
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Refresh and consolidate the learning of all exam skills of the AQA y12 AS course, ensuring that students have covered all skills expected of them by the end of y12 and are in an excellent position to quickly produce outstanding work for both Paper One and Paper Two in y13.
BENEFITS OF THIS WEBINAR
- Understand exactly what the expectation of acquired skills in each AO is for y12
- Perfect the precise skills that drive success in Paper One and Paper Two and how these should develop in y13
- Ensure that there is a clear progression mapped out from y12 to y13. Designing way markers that students understand and can act upon independently
4.00 – 4.05pm
Welcome and Introduction
4.05 – 4.20pm
What you should know about interpretations
- Learn the ideal approach to answering interpretation questions, especially the criteria for assessing how convincing an argument might be.
- Develop the skills necessary to access Level 4 and Level 5 in evaluation of AO3
- Develop a plan for skills progression over the Summer and for the remaining months of y13
- Consider examples of outstanding responses that model success
4.20 – 4.35pm
What you should know about Source skills
- Master the evaluation of provenance and extending beyond date and author
- Develop the skills of a consistent Level 4 and Level 5 response
- Develop a plan for skills progression over the summer break and for the remaining months of y13
- Consider examples of outstanding responses, especially focusing on the ideal combination between provenance and content
4.35 – 4.50pm
The perfect essay by the end of y12?
- What exactly should a superb essay look like by the end of y12?
- How to progress from the superb y12 essay to the outstanding y13 essay, consideration of structure and themes
- An examination of the precise demands of AO1 and how this will be assessed in the exam in both breadth and depth
4.50 – 5.00pm
Consolidating the learning
- How to determine where you are at the moment with your skills and how well prepared you are for y13
- Designing a programme of study to ensure that missed work is covered and that you achieve at the highest level by the end of y13
- Tips and advice and exactly what the examiners want to see from you by the end of your course
Keith has over 25 years teaching and examining experience. He is a Senior Moderator with a major exam board and has authored and advised on a series of popular books including those detailing how to succeed with the NEA. He leads a number of courses exploring the routes to success at A Level History.