ABOUT THIS COURSE
This practical new course is designed to help further develop and advance your leadership styles and behaviours to effectively take on roles at both senior and middle leadership levels and make them your own. It is designed for people who have been in management positions for at least three years or more and aims to advance your leadership tool kit of styles and behaviours and to be able to implement them appropriately, confidently and effectively according to different situations.
We’ll take some best practices, academic theories and experiences from within the teaching world and from further afield to create a discursive, thought provoking day. We’ll take time to explore and discuss the advanced skills needed to engage those around you, both managing practicalities of getting the job done, and inspiring your team to work with you to achieve goals.
There will also be some emphasis how you can develop resilience to protect yourself and thrive under pressure. This course can also be brought into your school, and tailored accordingly, if required.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Exploring the behaviours of an outstanding and inspiring leader
- Managing people effectively and with confidence
- Understanding different styles of management and their effectiveness in different situations
- Understanding the new responsibilities you have as a manager and the dangers of becoming over-focussed in one area
- Strategies to build relationships with all those around you to get high levels of buy-in
- Leading with resilience
- Managing challenging conversations l The importance of celebrating success to maintain engagement
|COURSE DATES||London | Tuesday 11 October 2022|
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?||
|IN-SCHOOL||You can also book this as an in-school course|
10.00 – 10.45am: Situational Leadership – flexing your style of leadership to create impact
- What are the options, what are the different styles we can adapt?
- Analysing your personal style and which styles you’re most comfortable with
- Learning when to flex your style and understanding the benefits and the pitfalls of this flexibility
10.45-11.00am: Morning Break
- Advanced goal setting as part of coaching
- How do we pick goals together? .
- Using Coaching to GROW your team
- Creating heightened awareness to maximise the impact of coaching
11.45. – 12.45pm: Effecting High Performing Teams
- Understanding engagement/disengagement and content/discontent in your team and effective ways to deal with this to positive solutions
- Exploring the behaviours that you will see when people are at different points; recognising what you’re seeing and adapting your management behaviour
- Effective ways to bring on board the disengaged individual
- Developing an energy positive feedback culture
12.45 – 1.45pm: Lunch
1.45 – 2.45.pm: Balancing Leadership Tensions
- Looking after the Task, your Team and the Individuals that make it up
- Investing time in peoples and individuals
- Balancing the pull of short and long term, the current and the future
- Ensuring you are thinking strategically about your role
2.45 – 3pm: afternoon break
3- 3.45pm: Leading People Through Change:
- Understanding resistance to change
- Managing people through the emotions of change
3.30/ 3.45pm: Depart
Tim Hudson is a leadership and development expert with a particular interest in the education sector. Backed by a degree in management, he has worked with a wide variety of people, from aspiring student leaders to senior managers. In the past few years he has run in-house programs developing leadership in teachers and pupils in HMC schools, including a pioneering year-long leadership course accredited by the ILM. He now balances his speaking role with working in a school, where he works in pastoral care and supports the strategic planning side of the co-curricular function.