Monday 09 November 2020 4pm (1hr)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Provide your students with a boost in their exam preparation, with this focused one-hour webinar on the OCR GCSE PE Paper 1.
This webinar will provide your students with:
- Understanding of how to approach the examination
- Confidence to tackle successfully the most difficult topics from paper 1
- An insight in the standards expected by the examiners with specific references to recent Examiner Reports
- Practical tips on how to answer the extended question
- Includes a set of notes sent in advance for teachers to use with their students and which students will be able to use after the webinar to improve their examination revision.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All students of OCR GCSE PE
4.00pm – Welcome, introductions and sound check
4.05pm – Part 1: Dealing with applied anatomy and physiology
- Key features of applied anatomy and physiology
- Plan of action for the short-answer questions (up to 5 marks)
- Ways to remember aspects of anatomy and physiology
- Applying your knowledge of anatomy and physiology to sporting contexts
- What the examiner is expecting to see – including the 6 mark question
4.30pm – Part 2: Dealing with physical training
- Ways to remember aspects of physical training
- ‘Quick wins’ in your revision and how topics can be summarised
- Looking closely at what a good 6 mark response would include
- Final tips and advice.
5pm – Finish
Ross is Principal Moderator and Coursework Advisor for a major exam board. He has managed a strong team of teachers in one of the country’s largest and most successful providers of A Level Physical Education and brings a wealth of experience to this course. Ross has a strong reputation for delivering focused and informative INSET courses and is a regular provider of articles and information to a number of educational periodicals. He provides educational consultancy in schools/ colleges around the country.