Thursday 17 June 2021 – 4pm
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Provide your students with a boost in their exam preparation, with this focused one-hour webinar on the OCR GCSE PE Paper 2.
This webinar includes a set of notes which will be sent in advance for teachers to use with their students and which students will be able to use after the webinar to improve their examination revision.
This interactive webinar will provide your students with:
- Understanding of how to approach the examination
- Confidence to tackle successfully the most difficult topics from paper 2
- An insight into the standards expected by the examiners with specific references to recent Examiner Reports
- Practical tips on how to answer the extended question
- This webinar includes a set of notes sent in advance for teachers to use with their students and which students will be able to use after the webinar to improve their examination revision.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All students of OCR GCSE PE
4.00pm – Welcome, introductions and sound check
4.05pm – Part 1: Dealing with socio cultural issues and sports psychology
- Plan of action for the short-answer questions (up to 5 marks)
- Ways to remember aspects of socio-cultural issues and sports psychology
- Key challenges and solutions when answering this paper
- Applying your knowledge of the topical areas to sporting contexts
- Examples of how the content may be examined- including the 6 mark question
4.30pm – Part 2: Dealing with health, fitness and well-being
- Revising, remembering and utilising your health, fitness and well-being knowledge
- ‘Quick wins’ in your revision and how topics can be summarised
- Looking closer at what good 6 mark responses on health, fitness and well-being would include
- Final tips and advice.
5pm – Finish
Ross is Principal Moderator and Coursework Advisor for a major exam board. He has managed a strong team of teachers in one of the country’s largest and most successful providers of A Level Physical Education and brings a wealth of experience to this course. Ross has a strong reputation for delivering focused and informative INSET courses and is a regular provider of articles and information to a number of educational periodicals. He provides educational consultancy in schools/ colleges around the country.