Online | Thursday 18 November 2021
Online | Thursday 17 February 2022
4 – 5:30pm
ABOUT THE COURSE
This webinar focuses on developing teaching strategies to really engage students in the comparative questions on AQA English Language paper 2. It will allow teachers to develop the application skills of the students when looking at both question two and question four through the analysis of methods used and writer’s intention. Furthermore it will provide adaptable planning methods to ensure maximum student potential.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
- Develop teaching strategies to engage students in the art of comparison
- Learn ways to further student analysis of methods rather than feature spotting.
- Understand ways to link both questions together when teaching in order further student understanding of skills.
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?||
|IN-SCHOOL||You can also book this as an In-School Course|
4.00 – 4.05pm Welcome and Introduction
4.05-4.25pm: Question 2- The art of comparison.
- Using images to develop comparisons
- Planning methods- quick and easy methods to engage effective comparisons
- How to respond – how much analysis is really needed
4.25pm- 4.45pm: Question 4- methods
- Ways to avoid feature spotting
- What constitutes as a method, which methods are likely to be found
- Moving away from the general comments to specific analysis.
4.45-5pm: Cross over skills
- How are the two questions similar- which skills are transferable? How might we convey this to the students?
- Similar methods for planning
- Using what they already know.
5-5.30pm: Question 4- comparison and analysis
- Methods to develop analysis while comparing
- Exemplar material and mark schemes- highlighting the need for analysis
- Easy methods to ensure comparative element are present.
- How to analyse if the content isn’t clear.