ABOUT THIS COURSE
This NEW and engaging conference will provide students with a motivational revision day that covers all prior learning. During the course of the day you will be given high quality advice, guidance and examples, direct from the perspective of the examiners, which will assist you to produce examination answers of the highest levels.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Enhance your understanding of key areas in your GCSE German exams and ways in which to avoid the common pitfalls.
- Gain expert guidance from senior examiners on how to get high grades across the papers through the dissection of the question types.
- Ask questions directly of expert examiners
- Active student participation throughout the day
- Get a full set of conference notes, with examination tips and example answers to strengthen your revision
10:20– 10:30: Welcome and Introductions
10:30– 10:40: Quick-fire pronunciation practice
10:40 – 11:25: Paper 1 – listening skills
- Useful techniques to improve skills when listening.
- Five minute reading time effectively- tried and tested methods.
- Ways to improve vocabulary and developing summary skills – quick fire activity
11:25 – 12:00pm: Further paper 1 skills
- Listening skills – putting techniques into practice
- Practise exam questions – developing independence
12:00 – 12:15 Break Submit your questions for the experts
12:15 – 1pm speaking element
- Preparing for the speaking element
- Ways to practice foe speaking both in and outside the classroom.
- Listen to / watch examples to highlight the difference between levels
- Q and A with examiner
1:00 – 1:30 pm Lunch
1:30 – 1:40 pm Question box A prize awarded for the best question
1:40 – 2:15 pm: Paper 3 – reading skills: top tips for translation
- Examiner guidance on successful high-quality translations from their perspective.
- How to score full marks, things to look for in answers
- Activities to stretch real responses at Foundation and Higher Levels
2:15 – 2:50: Paper 4 – developing your writing skills with Wanda
- How to answer the different questions: what the examiners want to and how to incorporate that within answers.
- Analyse example answers to see how to move through the levels, what do the top responses look like?
- Marking exercise- applying the knowledge of the mark scheme and how to apply it
2:50 – 3:00pm: Final Quiz and Top Tips
- Advice on how to use revision tools, including the specification, best during your revision
- A reminder of the key lessons and advice provided during the day
One free teacher place for every 10 student places
Additional teachers £35+VAT
Individual teachers £80+VAT
Has over 20 years’ experience of teaching German. She is an examiner for the AQA A Level speaking exam, currently teaches the Edexcel syllabus and has provided training for teachers and students for a variety of educational providers, including Keynote and the Goethe Institute.
Has twenty years’ experience teaching German at GCSE and A Level in a variety of schools. She currently works as Head of German at a large independent school and examines for a major exam board. Jessica has an engaging style of delivery and sets a purposeful pace from the outset. She received the German Embassy’s Teacher of the Year Award (2016) for her innovative approach and commitment to teaching German.