ABOUT THIS CONFERENCE
This NEW conference will provide students with a motivational revision day, at which you will be given high quality advice, guidance and examples which will assist you to produce examination answers of the highest levels.
The conference is designed for students of all examination boards.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Strengthened understanding of key areas in your GCSE Spanish exams
- Gain expert guidance from senior examiners on how to get high grades across the papers
- Improve student answers by asking the experts directly
- Exciting activities and workshops ensuring student participation throughout the day
- Get a full set of conference notes, with examination tips and example answers to strengthen your revision
- A unique opportunity for your students to take part in the Live Sketch; if you are interested in this, please let us know
|DATE AND LOCATION||The Rock Tower, London* | Friday 6 March 2020|
|IN-SCHOOL||You can also book this as an In-School Conference|
*Venue subject to change dependent on student numbers
Quick-fire pronunciation practice
10:40 – 11:10am
Tackling the picture-based tasks with confidence
- Explore how to get the most out of the stimulus card
- Obtain expert guidance on how to avoid nerves and produce excellent responses
- Improving answers: work though examples to see what differentiates top answers
- STUDENT ACTIVITY: Interactive pair-work photocard activity
11:10– 11:40 am Paper 2
Speaking – the Spanish Role-plays
- How to stand out: tackling the role plays
- Developing confidence: how to respond to questions / be spontaneous;
- Listen to / watch examples that highlight the difference between levels
- STUDENT ACTIVITY: Plan and produce a role-play: what would it score?
Ask the examiners – your questions answered
11.50 – 12.10pm
Submit your questions for the experts
12:10 – 12:40pm
Translation – Grammar – Vocabulary
- Interactive Pair-work translation activities
- Examine Spanish grammar pitfalls – what is wrong and why?
- Active vocabulary learning : techniques that work
Question box A prize is awarded for the best question
1.20 – 1.50pm
Papers 1 and 3 –strengthening your listening and reading skills
- Think like an examiner: how do the questions catch students out?
- Skills workshop: Learning and using vocabulary
1.50 – 2:20 pm
Paper 4 – Developing your Spanish writing skills
- The shorter writing tasks: what the examiners want
- The extended writing tasks: what the examiners want
- Using wide-ranging vocabulary to make your writing more interesting
- STUDENT ACTIVITY Which is the best? Student marking exercise
- Complexity is the key – how to make writing better
2.20 – 2.50
Having a great conversation in Spanish
- Top tips from the examiners, with student exercises to show these work
2.50 – 3.00pm
Final Quiz and Top Tips
- Advice on how to best use revision tools, including the specification
- A reminder of the key lessons and advice provided during the day
Georgina has over twenty years of exceptional classroom experience, with enviable results in external examinations (100% grades A*-B at A-level and 100% grades 9-7 at GCSE). She is an experienced senior examiner for three major boards, covering all aspects of the A-level syllabus. She has led successful Spanish and MFL departments and mentored and trained new Spanish teachers. She is an expert on Spanish literature, film and cultural affairs, essential for success at A-level.
Ana is an experienced teacher of Spanish with a broad experience as Modern Languages Teacher and an MA in Didactics of Foreign/Second Language Teaching. She worked as an examiner for GCSE and A Level Portuguese and has been involved with the development of the new A Level Portuguese and GCSE for Pearson. Having worked as EFL, Spanish and French Teacher in state schools, she is currently teaching Spanish at North London Collegiate School and is Second in charge of the MFL Department she has also been collaborating as subject mentor for Spanish in the School Direct Programme of LSJS.
Samantha is an experienced teacher of Spanish and French with extensive experience as Head of Department and an MA in Education. She specialises in teaching Spanish at both GCSE and A Level and has been involved in authoring resources for both Nelson Thornes (OUP) and Pearson. She is an examiner for A Level and has been heavily involved with the PGCE course at the University of Cumbria, including mentoring trainee teachers. Samantha has worked in both state and independent schools and she is an experienced presenter with a passion for using the target language in the classroom, as well as using technology to enhance teaching and learning.
One free teacher place for every 10 student places
Additional teachers £35+VAT
Individual teachers £80+VAT