Online | Monday 5th July 2021
TIME: 4.30 – 6pm
ABOUT THE COURSE:
This course will enable A-Level English Literature teachers to maximise their teaching of A Streetcar Named Desire by helping them develop key higher level subject knowledge and a range of exam-orientated strategies to ensure excellent results. Led by respected subject specialist, author, examiner and previous trust-wide Leader of English Megan Mansworth, this webinar will provide a range of key teaching and learning strategies and advanced subject knowledge to enable teachers to stretch and challenge students. Using examiner feedback alongside higher level subject knowledge, this course will demonstrate how to hone your teaching practice to ensure that students achieve excellent results. This course is ideal for teachers who are teaching A Level English Literature.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
- Gain insights into key elements of advanced subject knowledge of A Streetcar Named Desire to help students achieve maximum progress and attain top grades in their examinations.
- Ensure your teaching is geared towards ‘teaching to the top’ and effectively teaching high-level challenging context to help students achieve the top grades
- Take away teaching strategies and approaches that inspire students and ensure success.
- Develop understanding of advanced exam technique to ensure students maximise their potential.
- Apply advanced critical concepts and theories to your teaching and use these to empower students to reach the top grades.
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?||
|IN-SCHOOL||You can also book this as an In-School Course|
4:30 – 5:00 Session 1:
Context and Critical Theory Focus
- Applying advanced critical concepts from literary theory in order to increase student achievement when studying A Streetcar Named Desire
- How to teach key advanced contextual subject knowledge in order to increase student achievement and help students make perceptive links between the play and its context
5:00 – 5:30 Session 2:
Authorial Methods Focus
- How to enable students to perceptively identify authorial methods
- How to use language analysis to ensure success in approaching A Streetcar Named Desire.
5:30 – 6:00 Session 3:
Exam Technique Focus
- Key ways to ensure examination success when answering questions on A Streetcar Named Desire, including written expression and exam technique
End of session: Q & A
Megan Mansworth is an experienced English teacher and leader with a track record of enabling students to achieve outstanding results. She has led English both on a departmental level and for an academy trust, and previously was Leader of Research for another academy trust. She is committed to both research-informed teaching, and to helping teachers to develop the knowledge and skills to enable their students to achieve excellent results. Megan’s writing on education has appeared in national magazines and journals, including a co-edited book ‘Teaching English Language and Literature 16-19’ which was published in 2020. She is currently completing a PhD, but alongside this continues to provide CPD for teachers and to teach in schools, and is writing a book for John Catt Educational, ‘Teach to the Top’ which focuses on how to enable students to achieve the highest grades and enjoy learning by using higher level subject knowledge in teaching.