Online | Wednesday 28 April 2021
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
This webinar will help students prepare for the indirect assessment of practical skills in Papers 1, 2 and 3. It will cover planning, implementing, analysis and evaluation. Key terms will be emphasised throughout along with skills of data presentation and analysis.
BENEFITS OF THIS WEBINAR
- Improve your understanding of the key terms required when answering practical-based questions
- Guidance on how to interpret questions to identify what the examiner is looking for
- Checklists to use when answering questions
- Revision activities to increase your understanding of practical skills
- Understanding the maths skills that will be tested within practical-based questions
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- All students taking A-level Biology
4.00 – 4.20 Planning and implementing
- Choosing the most appropriate apparatus and techniques
- Understanding variables and controls
- Planning for precision, accuracy and validity
4.20 – 4.40 Data presentation and analysis
- How to present and process your data – some essential techniques including percentage change, rates, standard form and significant figures
- Interpreting the results of statistical tests
4.40 – 5.00 Evaluation
- Does the data support the conclusion?
- An evaluation checklist
- Identifying key terms in questions
Fiona Jones has taught A level Biology for 38 years, for much of this time in a management role. She has successfully led teams through curriculum change and has a breadth of experience encompassing many aspects of post-16 education. Fiona is an experienced trainer and has delivered a range of courses for both students and teachers. As an A level examiner she understands how important it is that students acquire and develop the skills necessary for success.