DATE: Monday 10 February 2020: 4pm (1hr)
Monday 27 April 2020 4pm (1hr)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Provide your students with a final boost in their exam preparation, with this focused one-hour webinar on the specific requirements of Pearson Edexcel A Level History Paper 1.
This webinar includes a set of notes which will be sent in advance for teachers to use with their students and which students will be able to use after the webinar to improve their examination revision.
BENEFITS OF THIS WEBINAR
- Understanding of how to approach interpretations
- Focus on what makes an excellent Breadth essay – and pitfalls to avoid
- An insight in the standards expected by the examiners with specific references to recent Examiner Reports
- Practical tips on how to plan answers
- Ideas on how to write detailed, yet concise essays in examination conditions.
Welcome, introductions and sound check
Part 1: Dealing with interpretations
- Definition time! ‘Interpretations’ and ‘Convincing’
- Effective structures in timed conditions: writing frames, sentence starters and judgements
- Looking at the validity of historical arguments
Part 2: Breath essays
- What makes an outstanding essay
- Ensuring you have made a judgment and supported it throughout.
- Avoiding common pitfalls in your answer
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All students of Pearson Edexcel A-level History
Alana is an experienced examiner and Head of History, with ten years experience as Head of Department and over twenty years teaching experience in range of educational contexts. She is a Senior Examiner with a leading examination board in addition to being a moderator and examiner for various boards. She has acted as a Subject Reviewer for the CCEA and Ofqual, and has presented at GCSE student conferences.