Online | Wednesday 27 January 2021
Online | Wednesday 24 March 2021
London | Wednesday 30 June 2021
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
This succinct session will look at main skills students, and teachers, need to master to obtain the highest grade. The course will take each skill in turn, taking time to understand what each skill means and discussing how students can illustrate mastery of that skill. Each skill will be discussed with use past exam questions and exemplar answers.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
- To maximise your students marks
- to support your students to be more efficient in the exam,
- to understand exactly what each assessment skill is, and how to obtain full marks from it
- to analyse examples each skill looking at both of good and bad examples
- to maximise the marginal gains from exam writing and practise
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?||
|IN-SCHOOL||You can also book this as an In-School Course|
Start 4pm Introduction: Key challenges of Mastery of application, analysis and evaluation
- Key challenges of teaching Mastery of application, analysis and evaluation: understanding exactly what the skills are and how to support students in emulating them efficiently.
Skills of application
- We will consider how can students again application marks,
- how to best use data in exams
- how to stop students writing generic answers
Extended analytical paragraphs
- How to write effective extended analytical paragraphs – tips from the senior examiner.
- Analytical requirements of the different mark questions and the use of scaffolds.
- Practical and effective ways of maximising marks
Effective evaluations and judgements
- The steps students must take to evaluate effectively and how and when to write judgements.
Maximising student grades
- Revision ideas to help students produce high grade essays.
- Working to the standard: review of specimen scripts.
- Course evaluation.
Helen Gordon is a senior examiner and lead economics teacher, with over twelve years’ experience teaching with one of the ‘outstanding’ leading sixth forms in the UK. She has been commissioned to write many resources for business and economics. Helen has experience of supporting a range of teachers inside the economics classroom. She has over 15 years’ experience in developing teaching and learning strategies and coaching others to improve their pedagogy and student outcomes. She is friendly and enthusiastic and is keen to share experiences and find solutions.