Tuesday 09 February 2021
Tuesday 20 April 2021
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Stuck understanding elasticities? not a clue about market failure? Wondering why governments fail? All these questions and more answered in this succinct revision session where we will cover the key points of theme 1. You’ll will have needed to have covered this before, as we’ll be briefly revising key topics but more importantly, to gain the highest marks in your exam, we will be discussing the importance of each the theories to ensure to can apply them properly in your exam.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
- Secure practical effective methods which maximise student results
- Gain a secure understanding of the key theories of theme 1
- To understand they key 4 topics in theme 1, and how they are applicable to other themes.
- How theme 1 theory is assessed in paper 1 and paper 3.
- How theme 1 can be used synoptically
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?||
|IN-SCHOOL||You can also book this as an In-School Webinar|
Key challenges of theme 1: understanding the key theories of elasticity, market and government failure.
Key difficulties in Economics Theme 1:
- PPF – what are they about?
- We will consider the importance of PPF and how they are applicable to theme 2 and 4
- Markets and elasticities – the key to it all?
- We will consider marginal utility, the role of profit and rising costs, together with the shape of the demand and supply curve. We will consider what an equilibrium is, and why it is so important for a market based economy. We will spend a considerable amount of time ensuring you understand elasticities, the most fundamental of microeconomics topics.
Why markets fail, and so to do governments?
- Why do markets fail? How can we show market failure on a diagram?
- How do governments intervene to stop this failure and how, no matter how hard they try, Governments often fail when they try to stop market failure?
Successful Exam Tactics for Reaching the Highest Grades
- Revision ideas to help students produce high grade answers.
- Working to the standard: review of specimen scripts.
Revision quiz and final questions
Fun quiz recapping the key topics we have considered during the session.
Helen Gordon is a senior examiner and lead economics teacher, with over twelve years’ experience teaching with one of the ‘outstanding’ leading sixth forms in the UK. She has been commissioned to write many resources for business and economics. Helen has experience of supporting a range of teachers inside the economics classroom. She has over 15 years’ experience in developing teaching and learning strategies and coaching others to improve their pedagogy and student outcomes. She is friendly and enthusiastic and is keen to share experiences and find solutions.