Monday 06 July 2020 – 4pm
Wednesday 23 September 2020 – 4pm
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Given the disruption to education, many teachers and students might be very concerned about gaps in foundational knowledge. This webinar is designed to help address these concerns by building on knowledge and skills developed in year 12, help encourage retrieval of knowledge and prime students for success in year 13.
This interactive webinar will provide essential tips on what the examiners are looking for and pitfalls to avoid, from an experienced senior examiners point of view. Students will gain insight on how to use their knowledge and understanding throughout Y12 to address exam questions on Issues and Debates on Paper 1 and Paper 3.
BENEFITS OF THIS WEBINAR
- Raises student awareness of how to raise their own attainment
- Consolidate and improve knowledge on one of the most challenging areas of the specification – Issues and Debates
- Focus on top mark band requirements by working through exemplar exam scripts on Issues and Debates and avoid common faults and mistakes from previous answers candidates have given
- Practice marking exercises using real candidates’ scripts from the 2019 Issues and Debates to understand what the examiners are looking for.
- Gives a reference point for future teaching and revision of this topic
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All students of Pearson Edexcel A level Psychology
4.00 pm Understanding all 11 Issues and Debates from a senior examiner’s perspective
- Making a clear distinction between all 11 Issues and Debates and using examples from topics studied in Y11 to apply to each Issues and Debate
4.20 pm 2019 Paper 1 Issues and Debates
- Understanding how to apply current Y12 knowledge to the two Issues and Debates questions on Paper 1 from 2019 on Ethics and Science
- Determine the difference between bands using real exam scripts from these two exam questions using model answers through a marking exercise with feedback
4.40 pm 2019 Paper 3 Issues and Debates – The 20 marker
- Understanding how to apply current Y12 knowledge to the Issues and Debates 20-mark question on Paper 1 from 2019 on Nature and Nurture
- Determine the difference between bands using real exam scripts from this exam question using model answers through a marking exercise with feedback
Ali is a regular speaker at Educational Conferences and has been providing INSET to schools and colleges nationally, and now internationally since 2003 and was a key speaker at the Visible Learning World Conference, Edinburgh 2019 and the Aspire Psychology Conference, Dubai 2019. Ali is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors (FCIEA) and is a published author at A level and GCSE Psychology. He has taught for nearly 20 years and was a Principal Examiner with 13 years’ experience in writing Psychology exam papers and awarding grades for a major exam board, he was also part of the team that wrote the current A level specification