Leadership roles within schools require a different set of skills to those of a classroom teacher. This highly interactive course aims to help you identify and start to develop how you will best lead and manage others. The focus of the day is self-awareness and understanding; the cornerstone of successful leadership.
This interactive, practical course includes the use of a market leading British Psychological Society registered behavioural profile, the Thomas International PPA. Delegates will be required to complete their Assessment at least two weeks prior to the course (5th October or 11th January) and send it in for assessment, in preparation for the course on the day.
Delegates will also be introduced to a range of core leadership concepts to help develop their ability to drive high performance within their schools.
The course is designed to help leaders at all levels, from newly promoted to existing leaders who are looking to develop further their personal leadership skills. It would also be of benefit to those training aspiring middle and senior leaders. As part of the course Pre-course – completing the Thomas International PPA Assessment.
“Only by knowing yourself can you be an effective leader.” Vince Lombardi
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Explore in depth what is meant by high performance leadership
- Gain a deeper understanding of the distinction between management and leadership.
- Develop their awareness of the way they operate at work.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply that knowledge to maximise their potential and the potential of those they work with
- Developed an understanding of some key leadership concepts
|COURSE DATES||London Thursday 19 October 2017
Leeds Thursday 25 January 2018
|WHO FOR?||Senior Leaders
Assistant Heads in charge of developing Middle Leaders
Aspirant Middle Leaders
Leaders looking to develop further their leadership acumen
|IN-SCHOOL||You can also book this as an In-School Course|
|Category||In School, Leadership & Management, New Courses|
Pre-course – completing the Thomas International PPA Assessment
10.00 – 10.45am: High Performing Leadership
- Explore what we mean by high performing leadership, and why it matters
- Explore what we mean by management, and what we mean by leadership
10.45 – 11.30am: Your Approach
- Gain an understanding of your strengths as a leader
- Explore the results of your Thomas International PPA
11.30 – 11.45am: Discussion: coffee break
11.45 – 12.45pm: Your role
- Apply what you have learnt to your role and development
- Practical ways to use what you have learnt to get the best out of others
12.45 – 1.45pm: Lunch and informal discussion
1.45 – 2.45pm: High Performing Leadership
- Demonstrate key points taken from the morning session
- Gain an understanding of how a focus on leveraging strengths can drive success– with case studies from elite sport
- Gain an understanding of how the key concepts of continuous Improvement and Purposeful Practice can drive success – with case studies from elite sport
2.45 – 3.00pm: Discussion: afternoon tea
3.00 – 3.45pm: Action
- Application session – Draw up a list of actions to take drive your own performance
Catherine works with organisations across education, business, and sport. Whether it’s an international law firm, a large corporate, an elite sports team, or a school, she supports clients to drive high performance in their organisations in a sustainable way.