On Demand Video
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Often the summer term can feel like a winding down period for student’s studies, this year this will be acerbated by having to get back into study habits lost during the shutdown. To support your student’s preparation for year 13 these webinars will focus on topics from year 12 that often prove to be an obstacle in final exams. Taking challenging topics an expert course leader will provide the core learning required with added insight into how these topics are assessed and what is expected of students. This webinar is accompanied by notes and questions to allow students to test their understanding.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All students taking AQA A-level PE
BENEFITS OF THIS WEBINAR
This interactive webinar will provide you with:
- To support students to boost their subject knowledge of AQA A Level PE. Written and presented by a subject expert.
- Students will build on knowledge and skills developed in year 12 to ensure a smoother transition to Year 13, including synoptic thinking
- Key skills will be developed and practiced.
- Help students in their retrieval of knowledge, application of theory and developing their extended question answers.
3.30 pm Welcome
3.30 – 3.45 Overview of the key areas from GCSE Year 12 students are likely to have covered.
3.45 – 4.00 Developing key skills for success in Year 13. Bridging gaps in knowledge and working on retrieval and application.
4.00- 4.15 Particular focus on key topics, including ways to remember information and how to prepare for further study. Interactive tasks to engage students and develop understanding of how to answer synoptic questions.
4.15- 4.30 Key skills and how to continue to prepare between now and September.
Ross is Principal Moderator and Coursework Advisor for a major exam board. He has managed a strong team of teachers in one of the country’s largest and most successful providers of A Level Physical Education and brings a wealth of experience to this course. Ross has a strong reputation for delivering focused and informative INSET courses and is a regular provider of articles and information to a number of educational periodicals. He provides educational consultancy in schools/ colleges around the country.