Date: Wednesday 09 December 2020 – 4.30pm – 6:00pm
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
With the release of the RSL CaPA external Unit 201 Live performance brief in November this webinar will prepare you to deliver this unit with confidence; explore creative ideas for course delivery, student engagement, understand the assessment criteria, discover assessment materials and look at examples of learner work.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Develop a clear insight into how the RSL learners are assessed for the external unit 201 live Performance
- Discuss creative teaching for learners and take away a tool kit of innovative ideas
- Know what is expected of a learner for the external controlled assessment and what role you have as the teacher/tutor
- Explore the unit and help learners to make creative choices that are best suited to their skills
- Have the confidence to plan your course with imagination with insight from the dance specialist course leader
4:30 – 4:45pm: Getting to Know the External Unit 201
- Discussion: Exploring the overview of the course, the units, their weighting and where the external unit fits into the overall qualification.
- What can learner prepare in the first 10 hours? Looking at the research needed in the 10 hours prior to window of the controlled assessment opening in January
- Innovative practical ideas and resources to take back to the classroom/dance studio to help you plan for success
4:45- 5:30pm: Preparing for performance with Task 1 and 2 of Unit 201
- Encouraging learners to create movement material for a target audience
- How to capture information e.g. risk assessments in practical sessions for the three written tasks
- How to encourage learners to prepare 2-6 minute dance pieces for success and what makes it vocational
5:30-5:50pm: Exploring Task 1 and 3 of Unit 201
- What is a rehearsal schedule and how to encourage learners to document their progress
- How does unit can relate to your chosen internal unit?
- Top tips for the unit and the timetabling of the written/collecting evidence tasks
- Expected delivery and timings of the assessment window
5:50-6pm: Managing your RSL course
- Sharing approaches and innovative for ways to underpin knowledge prior to release of the controlled external assessment brief
- What is a re submission? How this can work in the learners favour.
- Dealing with administration concerns
Justine has taught for over 24 years teaching across all age ranges as teacher, Head of Department, Director, choreographer and consultant (The BRIT School, BHASVIC, South Downs College). She has been a standards verifier for Edexcel’s/ Pearson’s BTEC Level 2 and 3 and was an A Level Dance examiner/moderator. She has written published dance resources for South East Dance, Pavilion Dance South West and Pearson Education and her book ‘Dance Improvisations’ is published by Human Kinetics. She has been involved in the writing of many syllabi for vocational qualifications as well as educational resources for Dance companies. In 2015 she was the Developer/Writer for London Curriculum Dance Module for Sadler’s Wells. She has been devising and delivering continued professional development courses for Keynote Educational since 2005 and was an animateur with Rambert Dance Company for ten years. Justine is well known to dance practitioners as the creator of ‘The Dance Teachers agony aunt’ facebook group providing online support for more than 1600 dance teachers in the UK. She is presently an external expert for OFQUAL.