About this online course
This webinar is the result of our successful full-day course on teaching film and literature for AQA Spanish A Level. It will allow teachers who only teach the book, or books, at A Level to gain further knowledge and understanding of the examination requirements and acquire new and creative teaching ideas for their lessons. The content is suitable for all A Level boards. There is also an accompanying online course for the Film component of the A level.
Can be bought with AQA Spanish A Level paper 2: Teaching Film webinar for £200.
BENEFITS OF COURSE
- Analyse the most recent essay questions on the set texts
- Understand where students go wrong in their literature essays, and put them right
- Take away new and creative ideas for teaching social and historical content
- Discover new activities for teaching and practising transferable skills for essay writing
- Learn from and ask questions to an experienced examiner
|DATE & LOCATION||Online | Thursday 29 April 2021
Online | Thursday 01 July 2021
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?||
4.00 pm – Introduction, welcome and sound check
4.05 pm – Analysis of recent exam questions on the set texts
- A look at last year’s essay titles
- Activity: rewrite these essay questions for your own set texts
- What can we learn from the 2019 Examiner’s Report?
4.20 pm Como Agua Para Chocolate: Key challenges for students and teachers
- Vocabulary – reading the book in Spanish
- Encouraging personal reaction and analytical responses
- Activity: differentiated tasks for teaching challenging themes
- Using past questions for essay writing practice
4.50 pm A focus on transferable essay writing skills in the study of other key literary works: La Casa de Bernarda Alba, Réquiem por un Campesino Español and Crónica de una Muerte Anunciada
- Commenting on socio-historical and political background: La Casa de Bernarda Alba and Crónica de una Muerte Anunciada – a focus on vocabulary
- Excellent planning: la casa de Bernarda Alba
- Activity: Developing top band content, language and accuracy: Réquiem por un Campesino Español
- Applying the mark scheme to an A Level essay: Réquiem por un Campesino Español
5.20 pm Top Tips for essay writing on the set texts
- Including suggestions for essay practice, planning, giving feedback and revising
5.30 pm – Close
Georgina is a highly accomplished and successful teacher with over 20 years’ experience, including 10 years teaching at one of the country’s most academically successful independent day schools. She is an experienced GCSE, A Level and International Baccalaureate examiner and moderator. Georgina has been Head of Department, Head of Faculty and a Senior Teacher in charge of Oxbridge applications. She now works as an Independent Spanish Consultant and writes her own blog on Spanish language and culture.