DATE: Thursday 30 April 2020 4pm (1hr)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
This webinar will help candidates prepare for the AQA A Level Biology Paper 1. Students will receive guidance on how to tackle a wide range of questions with a particular focus on A02 and AO3 skills. They will also cover example questions for the required practicals and see how to respond best to these to gain high marks. They will receive example answers to use in their revision and which will show them what to do and what not to do in exams.
BENEFITS OF THIS WEBINAR
- Gain an excellent understanding of how to answer the challenging topics on Paper 1
- A Focus on common mistakes that students make in the examinations and how to avoid them
- Students will be taken through a range of data handling and synoptic questions with explanations of how to achieve full marks
- Review examples of how to tackle questions on the required practicals
- Opportunities for students to ask questions and receive feedback
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- All students taking A-level Biology with AQA
- This webinar will be of benefit to students studying with other awarding bodies
Michael has been an examiner for 15 years and has worked in post 16 education for 23 years, initially as an A-level Biology Tutor before progressing to Head of Department and finally STEM and Quality Initiatives Manager. He has had a positive effect on student’s aspirations and achievement; his Learner Voice results are always very positive and examination results have been consistently above benchmark for all KPI’s with excellent value added.
As a Head of Department he completed an ‘Exceeding Expectations’ management training course and is a strong and effective leader. His Science provision was chosen as part of OFSTED’s Good practice survey: Improving Sciences in Colleges. Michael was then seconded to another campus to improve science results and turned around the department within 12 months. During this time his college also reached the finals of the National STEMNET Awards for three consecutive years.